General Conference and Zone Training

Another great week, like always. I honestly don’t think there is ever a “bad week” when you are serving the Lord. I love my companion, my area, and the people we teach. It is the best ever! This might be kind of short but I will give you the biggest updates!
Ana is doing great. We are going strong with the temple classes for her and her sister and brother-in-law. We are a little worried though, because this last week she had two unplanned surgeries for gallstones and kidney stones. This little family is just going through so much! But they are the most positive people I have ever met. As far as we know, they will still be receiving their endowments this month.
Didn’t you just love conference? I found more answers to questions I had than ever before. I think it was due to more preparation on my part. We can truly prepare for conferences and going to the temple so that when we do go or listen to conference, it is a much more spiritually uplifting experience and we receive a lot more personal revelation. I felt like a lot of talks were geared towards receiving personal revelation (which is perfect for so many of our investigators) as well as following the prophet. I can’t say I had just one favorite talk, but there were so many great stories and advice.
Last night we met a new woman, had a lesson with her about the Restoration of the Gospel and she accepted the invitation to be baptized the 25th of October! We are hoping it all goes through like we want it to. Lots of great miracles happening all over the place.
I am hoping I can get a video for you guys to see this crazy good Christian rapper guy that we met yesterday. He called us his home-girls and then said, “Wait, that is probably disrespectful…my home-friends.” One part of the rap I can remember is, “I wake up early in the morning, to praise the most high….and I-i-i-i-i-...” You have to hear it. J
This last Friday was my last zone training ever…kind of depressing, but it has to happen obviously. They asked me to bear my testimony (like they do with all who are leaving that month) and I just lost it emotionally. I think it is going to be harder to not be a missionary than I thought…but hey!!!! I am still a missionary, so I need to be happy. I love this place so much, and these people!


Challenge for you this week: share your favorite conference talk with a friend. Do it! LOVE YOU! J

Comments

Popular Posts